August 17, 2015

Queen West Art Crawl 2015


On September 12-13 I will be in Toronto to participate in the Queen West Art Crawl, an art festival that celebrates the art, culture, and diversity of Toronto’s Queen West. This awesome art festival will be held at the Trinity Bellwoods park where you can find me in booth F12  from 11am-6pm on both days.

The art crawl includes a performance zone with five featured bands and artists such as Samba Elegua and the Spirit of Calypso. The works of 200 established artists and includes paintings, jewelry, pottery, and woodwork are on display for lovers of the arts. OCAD has an emerging artists exhibition and The Crawl along Queen St. West portion of the celebration includes 10 participating venues such as CAMH, The Drake Hotel, and The Toronto Blues Society. The Craft Beer Garden has six locally produced beers and one cider. For food there are food trucks with foods including everything from Mexican-inspired to hot dogs.

On Sunday August 16th the Queen West Art Crawl posted an article about my art on their blog. This is a little snippet:
What and who has inspired your art work?
My art work is inspired by my frequent travels, living abroad drastically changes your view on the world. When you move to another country you take away everything that is familiar and little everyday details that are different really jump out at you. I’ve now been away from my home country long enough that I’m almost able to experience it in that way as well, which is going to make for an interesting project in the future.
I’m particularly interested in the urban landscape, my art is a way to explore and make sense of my environment. I’m a horrible person to travel with, because I’m always lagging behind taking pictures of seemingly everyday items. I love little urban icons like fire hydrants, I mean, have you ever really looked at them? They come in such a wide variety of shapes and colors, there must be somebody out there who designs these things and makes them look cool, I don’t know who it is but he’s my hero!
To read the full article click here
You can also vote for my work to become best in show by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment