July 21, 2015

I love Summer!

I love Summer! Summer means Art festivals which means I get to emerge from my studio and interact with actual humans! This year I already traveled to Ottawa and Kingston with my work and in September I get to go all the way to Toronto for the Queen West Art Crawl, more information on that will follow at a later date! 

Summertime in MontrĂ©al is truly an amazing experience! There are festivals and events all over the city! My personal favourite is the Just for Laughs festival, which is going on right now! For two whole weeks famous comedians can be spotted all over the city and you can go see comedy almost 24 hour a day! Tonight the amazing Weird Al Yankovic is giving a free concert and on Saturday we have tickets to see Chris Hardwick perform his 'Funcomfortable tour' at the Olympia theatre! I always listen to the Nerdist podcast in my studio so I'm pretty excited for that one!

Summer does not only bring fun stuff to my local city it's also convention season! Something you might not know about me is that I am a bit of a geek. I read fantasy novels, watch Doctor Who with a passion and I'm a gamer so convention season is a big deal in our house! We keep up with the latest news from San Diego Comiccon, E3 and Origins and every year we drive almost 3000 kilometres to Indianapolis and back to attend the biggest board gaming convention in the world, GenCon!

So, although I'm still working on stuff in my studio, I'm also enjoying all the awesomeness summer has to bring! What are your summer highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment