March 11, 2013

Update: Discoveries; Montreal.


For the past year and a half I have been working on my ‘Boroughs Project’. This project had me exploring the boroughs on the island of Montreal, photographing them in turn and creating a separate piece for each borough. ‘Boroughs Project’ has been a working title, the official title of the series is Discoveries; Montreal. The project consists of 33 18x18” pieces each representing a borough on the island of Montreal. Recently I have decided to add one additional piece to the series, a 36x36”, in which I will combine at least one building from each borough into one image that represents the entire island of Montreal. 

I addition to this series of works I will be creating an art book of this series. I will be starting a kickstarter campaign soon to help with printing costs. I am currently in the process of researching and making an estimate of the costs for the entire project and the possible rewards so that I can build a well-rounded kickstarter campaign. 

As of this moment I have 7 pieces that still need to be started, 4 pieces that are halfway there, 9 pieces that are waiting for varnish and 14 pieces that are completely finished. If I have an undisturbed week in the studio I can finish two and a half pieces and if I have an awesome week behind the computer I can get 4 compositions done but obviously that doesn’t always happen so I try to finish at least one piece per week. I know I can have this project finished this summer. I have presented my project to the city of Montreal through several channels so I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some interest from that direction. If that doesn’t happen that’s fine too, I’ll be aiming for a solo in the fall regardless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment