March 11, 2013

It’s the season to buy art!




December, the beginning of the end of the year. A month of holiday celebrations, gift giving, good food, family and friends. It is also a month with some great art shows all around the city. When you do your holiday shopping this year, why not enter a gallery or artisan shop to find some unique holiday gifts. Not only will you have an awesome gift for that special someone, but your purchase will also support the artist who made it which, for any artist, is a gift in itself. Both Fleurbain and Viva Vida Art Gallery have their annual Small Works Exhibits going on where you can find some very affordable pieces as well as scarfs, pottery and jewellery. If you would like to do your shopping online why not check out Etsy?

To celebrate the start of the holiday season I treated myself to this beautiful artwork made by my friend Heather Boyd. She is a very talented artist who creates beautiful art pieces and jewellery. The piece that I bought is part of a series of six pieces that can be viewed at the Small Works Too Exibit at Fleurbain until the end of the month. Her work can also be found at Viva Vida Art Gallery and on Etsy

For me December will also be a month spent in the studio working on my ‘Boroughs Project’. The project is about halfway finished and I hope that I’ll be able to get into a nice painting sprint in these last couple of weeks of 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment