April 28, 2011

Future projects

My solo show has finished and was very very successful. It was an amazing experience and I am definitely motivated to do a second solo show somewhere next year. In fact, I am planning on doing a completely new series for my next solo show. 

I have decided that it would be interesting and challenging to do a more extensive series this time. I am going to a series on all the neighborhoods on the island of Montreal, I want to create a separate piece for each neighborhood, which will require me to do a lot of research and take loads of new photographs, for which Spring is the perfect time. So I am very excited about the prospect of exploring this city even further and starting this very extensive series. 

Before I can do this however, I will have to start a 3 panel piece that I am going to use in a demonstration at the Beaconsfield art association in May. I haven’t decided on a subject for this three panel piece yet, but I already have the three panels waiting for their gesso treatment, which I hope to be able to start later today. 

There are a whole lot of other ideas for future pieces floating around in my head, and there’s a possibility for a couple of commissioned pieces in the near future as well. So lots of thing going on! I really can’t wait to get back into the studio to start all this. I will keep you all posted as things develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment