January 09, 2018

明けましておめでとうございます (Happy New Year)!

We were treated to some amazing views of Fuji san when leaving for Holland

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! We had an amazing trip to Holland to celebrate Christmas with family and friends, something we haven't been able to do for at lease 8 years so it was extra special to be able to spend time with loved ones over the holidays! 

I had an awesome evening with my parents in Amsterdam, we went on this awesome night time boat tour through the canals to see the art installations for the Amsterdam Light Festival. There was some pretty cool stuff, Moving images projected on netting, strips of light that showed the sound pollution under water, a map of the canals floating in mid air and a tunnel of lights that made it feel like you were entering a time portal. The art installations were really awesome and all the holiday lights made is look extra magical. 







Now that we've arrived in 2018 I am pumped to get back to the studio! I prepared 5 pieces before the holiday break so I am very eager to finish those, there will be some Japanese influences in these new pieces, I cannot wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment