October 18, 2016

My Solo exhibition at The Merchant in Toronto!


I spent yesterday (Monday) morning hanging my solo exhibition at The Merchant in Toronto. This awesome restaurant in Toronto's busy financial district is such a perfect fit for my work! Their space is absolutely beautiful and with them being Toronto's travellers Tavern their philosophy matches up with my 'Traveling the World' series perfectly.


The Merchant is the perfect place to unwind after a day of hard work or to have a relaxing break for lunch. They have truly amazing food that is really affordable too! Yesterday we had a beautiful fresh salad, an amazing curry, the best gnocchi and an epic Belgian chocolate cheesecake for lunch. I can tell you, this awesome food break really made hanging the rest of the show a breeze! 




Of course the restaurant was open for lunch while we were hanging he show which was really fun because lot's of people were of course curious what we were doing which lead to some awesome conversations! We had decided to hang one of my large 48"x72" pieces in the stairwell which was a bit of a challenge. It involved 4 people, two high ladders, a broom and a bit of a traffic jam on the stairs to the washrooms but the result is stunning! 




After a day of show hanging fun I am now back in my studio and ready to get back to work. Some much needed work too! I brought 23 pieces to Toronto for my show at the Merchant and with the two additional galleries that I started working with over the summer my studio is now eerily empty. Luckily I am currently working on 16 new pieces so soon my studio will start filling up again. A good thing too with two more solo exhibitions coming up in November! 

My solo exhibition at The Merchant is open to the public and will be up until November 13th.
The Merchant is located on 181 University Ave. (at Adelaide St.) Toronto, Ontario M5H 3M7 you can reach them at: (416) 363-1944 or at  TheMerchantToronto@gmail.com and their opening hours are: M-Th 11 am - 12 am • F 11 am - 1 am • Sa 10am - 12 am • Su 4pm - 12 am.













No comments:

Post a Comment