November 06, 2015

Big Art and Big News!

It has been a while since my last update, things have been busy, busy, busy in the studio. I'm a self employed artist so I make myself busy but still, busy :) Anyway...

I have some BIG news to share with you guys! I have been selected to be part of the Artist Project next year! I am SO excited! The Artist Project is a high end art fair that allows the public to browse and buy work directly from the artists. Visitors can explore and discover works of art from over 250 top contemporary artists from Canada and abroad. This is going to be the Artist Project's 9th year, the show will be held from February 18 to 21, 2016 at the Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place, Toronto.




This means I will have to work like a mad woman in the next few months, no rest for the wicked ;-) I've been working on some BIG stuff, literally! I've two new pieces in the works that are both going to be 48"x72" in size, which is going to be quite challenging. Not only will I have to ask my sweet, sweet hubby for help getting the panels onto my easel (my new Best easel is going to come in handy here!) But I'm also going to have to find a way to clean gel skins that are as tall as I am, so yeah, that's a thing :D




Both mixed media cityscapes are going to be of Amsterdam, my city of birth! One painting is going to have a lot of trusty bicycles, you know how us Dutch people enjoy our bicycles! The other artwork is going to feature the world famous waterways of Amsterdam and some of the Canal boats that I remember so well from my childhood. 

I will keep you all posted on the latest news and updates about the show and my preparations so keep an eye on this blog for more information! Oh and if you've found this blog and haven't seen my work before, check out my website, there's lots of new mixed media artwork being added all the time!








No comments:

Post a Comment