October 21, 2013

Come ‘Discover Montreal’ this Friday!



Two and a half years of hard work will finally come together this Friday at Viva Vida Art Gallery. At 7pm sharp we will open the doors to ‘Discoveries: Montreal’ my newest series of artworks that will be on display until November 7th. We will also be celebrating the launch of my book, which will hopefully make it here in time, I’m keeping my fingers crossed! It should have come back from the binders this past Friday, which means it will be shipped out today but I haven’t had a confirmation on that yet so... 

It’s been a long road and I’m very, very excited to see it all come together. It will be absolutely amazing to see all the pieces up on the walls of the gallery, so far I’ve only seen them up on the walls of my studio which is not quite the same as a gallery setting. I’ve figured out the layout last week so hanging the show should be easy. I have some minor preparations to finish and then I’m ready to start packing up my paintings.

Preparing for a show is always stressful, especially a solo show like this. For me it’s not so much all the preparations that need to be made, I’m pretty organized, but some things are just out of your hands. With the upcoming elections, it has been really tough getting any press coverage this time around. We’ve been working really hard on promoting the show but you never know if all that hard work is going to pay off. And then there’s the book that may or may not be here in time... So for now I’m still stressing out about all of it, which is good, a bit of stress keeps you focused. 

I hope to see all of you and all of your friends this Friday at 7pm at Viva Vida Art gallery (278-2 Lakeshore Road in Pointe Claire) to raise a glass to “Discoveries: Montreal.” You can find more information on the event on the news page and there is a Facebook event page that can be found here. Please share it with all of your friends!  See you Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment