July 19, 2012

To breathtaking beauty and back

After all the craziness of FIMA 2012 I was very happy to step on a plane for a well deserved break, 9 days of breathtaking beauty, desert heat and Vegas magic. After two day’s of relaxation and entertainment in Vegas we went on a little road-trip to see some of the most stunning scenery on this planet. On the agenda were Zion National Park (see above), Bryce Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Horse Shoe Bend, Monument Valley and The Grand Canyon. Having lived in the States we’d already visited the South West a couple of times so this time we picked our destinations carefully and made sure we reserved some time for some more in depth exploration. 

2000 photographs further and thoroughly inspired and relaxed we’re now back home and ready to get back to work. I spend a little time sorting my photographs so I could give you a little taste of our wonderful trip and I had some cleaning up to do after the fair but now it’s time to head back into the studio and concentrate fully on my ‘Boroughs project’. 

I’m very happy that I already prepared a couple of pieces so I can easily get back into the flow of working without the pressure of starting new compositions. I have three boroughs that are ready to be transferred to their supports, one of which I started work on yesterday. I’ve also got one unrelated piece that I’m working on. I’ve decided that I definitely want to finish all my boroughs before the end of the year, which means i’ll have to work really, really hard. I’ve photographed about half of the boroughs so photographing the rest will be my first priority. I’ll take advantage of the nice weather to go out there as many days as possible to get them all done before the end of the nice weather. I also want to get into a rhythm where I can finish 2 pieces a week. It’s always been an ambitious project but all my last minute preparations for FIMA have taught me that I can be super productive when I’m in ‘the zone’,  I thrive under the pressure of a looming deadline. So hereby I’m declaring the deadline for my Boroughs, they will be finished before the end of the year.












No comments:

Post a Comment