April 10, 2012

Let's talk Art at Fleurbain

Although I’m not yet back at the productivity level I was at before the move, I’ve at least managed to finish the composition for the next piece in the ‘Journey’ series and I’ve been able to do some more direct transfer stuff. I’ll need some more practice but I do like the technique. On the side I’m working on two private pieces to put up in our new house. 


I’ve got a whole bunch of pieces from the ‘Boroughs Project’ in several stages but since I want to use them as examples in the first class of the next image transfer course I’m teaching at Viva Vida Art Gallery later this month, I’ll have to wait a bit before I can finish them. Instead I think I’ll start my piece on Rome as an in between project, it will be a large piece but I can at least start the composition. 


Next week I want to start going out to photograph again, I still have about half of the boroughs on the island to go so that should keep me busy right into the summer. It also means I’ll have some new borough adventures to blog about :)


On Saturday there’s another round of artist talks at Fleurbain as part of the Art & Architecture show. The talks start at 3pm and I’ll be one of the three artists talking, each artist will talk for about 15 minutes, questions and discussions are encouraged after each talk. It’s open to the public so if you feel like talking art this Saturday please come and join us! Fleurbain is located at 460 St Catherine Street West, Unit 917, Montreal, QC.

No comments:

Post a Comment