August 16, 2011

Life's busy but good!

With my show coming up this Friday I’ve been quite busy with the final preparations. Granted, I have a lot less to prepare this time because the Gallery is taking care of a lot of the preparations for me but there are still last minute pieces to finish, pieces to frame and wire and a ton of little things to take care of. So needless to say I’ve been quite the busy bee this past week. At one point I was working on four separate pieces at once which was the cause of quite some confusion and a very messy and full studio. 

As you know my work requires several layers of gel that need a certain amount of drying time. this means the pieces cannot me stacked. I have a small dry line that runs the length of my studio but one of the pieces I’m working on is quite large and requires elements that are spread over four to six 11x17 pieces of paper so my dry line only supported four pieces which meant all the other pieces were on the floor. Usually this is not that much of a problem but this time the floor was already occupied by gelled pieces of paper for two other pieces, one of which was ready for transfer to the panel. And on top of that I had another half finished piece lying around as well. When I transfer my photo’s to the panel, the panel needs to be lying flat on the floor as well and I need some place to sit and apply my medium and paints so for a while there it was a bit tight. 

Things are slightly better now, the large pieces are still drying so half of my studio floor is still taken up by that but two of the four pieces I was working on are almost finished. About time too because I want them to be in the show on Friday. 

I have to say I do like to be this busy, especially when I’m busy making art :) I have two solid projects to work on, both containing more then one piece and I’m going to do a commission and a donation piece in the near future. And this is all next to all the single pieces that I have lined up :) Life’s Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment