June 27, 2011

Blissfully busy!

Since I decided to change my way of thinking about spending time in my studio I have been so much more productive! I spent time on my artwork almost every day now, which feels absolutely amazing! And feeling productive and working on it on a regular basis is an inspiration in itself.

I’m working on a couple of projects at the moment. First of all I’m in the finishing stages of this piece on the Empire State Building. I can hear you thinking..... she’s never talked about doing this piece? You’re right, I did’t, for the very simple reason that I didn’t know about it myself before I created it. I had this canvas lying around after my ‘visitors brake’ and I just felt like doing this piece. I’m very excited about it and I can’t wait to finish it.

I also have four pieces in the gelling stage. I’m working on my three 5x7 pieces for the Le Nichoir Wildcard fundraiser and I have a piece about Mont Tremblant that I am working on. I seems that I am finally finding that rhythm of doing one piece a week, at least that’s what I am aiming for. I would like to start being even more productive than that though, I am certainly going to try working on a couple of experimental pieces at the same time as well. We’ll see how it goes. 

And then there’s my ‘Boroughs Project’, my first large scale project. I’ve purchased the wood panels and all but seven of them have been prepped and are ready to go. I am trying to get into a regular schedule where I go out at least twice a week to photograph some boroughs. Up until now I’ve photographed three out of the thirty four boroughs on the island so I’ve made a start. I want to try and make a start with the actual artworks this week as well. At least that’s the plan, we’ll see how it goes. For now I’m eager to get back into the studio to work on my Empire State Building piece! That’s why I will keep this blogpost short. I wish you all a creative and productive week, let’s make some art!

No comments:

Post a Comment