May 24, 2011

Fun but frustrating...

It is early summer in Montreal and early summer means visitors. It’s always a lot of fun when people take the time to come and visit us here in Canada but as an artist it’s oftentimes frustrating as well. This time even more so because I feel like I haven’t had the time to do some decent painting in ages with my show and the preparations for my presentation and all that. Yesterday I did have a little time to do at least some work on my F1 project and my lovely husband is taking our guest out for the day so I will have the afternoon today as well. But tomorrow we will leave for a short trip to the states and then our guest will stay for one more week when my husband goes back to work so the entertaining will fall to me. 

Our trip will be wonderful, I’m going to treat myself to a new camera lens and will have some time to try it out and get some new material for future pieces at the same time. Can’t complain about that. And summer in Montreal is always busy anyways, there’s F1 weekend, 3 whole days on the track in June. The Yes conference is coming up and there’s many festivals and little trips coming up as well. All tons of  fun, I can’t complain at all, really. I like summer and having guests over, it’s fun. But.....

I have so many ideas running around in my head, I have my F1 project that begs to be finished and I really want to be able to get all of the photography for my boroughs project done by the end of the summer. And then there are a thousand and one other ideas begging for my attention. A part of me would just like to hide out in the studio and not come out at all, but that wouldn’t be very productive either, I do need my photographs. It’s frustrating, there’s just too little time...

But enough complaining, like I said, I really don’t have anything to complain about. Instead of being frustrated I will head into the studio and start work on my F1 piece. Right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment