July 14, 2010

'Austin' the final stages

Now that I'm all back from vacation and I spend last week on some experimental work I am ready to enter the final stages of my Austin piece. The Acrylic gel has had plenty of time to dry so today I will be rubbing off the paper. This is a very delicate process that requires a lot of patience. I have decided to go piece by piece, when I disassembled my collage to get the pieces copied I numbered all the pieces on the back so now I will start with the highest number and work my way backwards.
After rubbing off the paper I will immediately place the pieces on the canvas, building up my collage again. While doing this I will sometimes have to paint the backs of the gel layers or put some paint on the canvas underneath, I am truly building this painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment