July 09, 2013

Final Pieces..


Yesterday I finished the transfer for the final piece in the series. At this point I have 4 pieces that are waiting to be painted and then it’s done, finished, finito! It is nice to be able to see the finish line, I’ve had this pile of empty panels in my studio for such a long time and now that pile is finally gone, no more empty panels. Actually that’s not quite true because there’s always empty panels lying around in my studio but you know what I mean.

This week I have some commissions to finish so there’s probably not going to be too much time to start painting these final pieces but next week I should be able to have a nice long painting sprint and finish at least 2 of them. I can’t wait, it’s exciting!

I’m excited to finish the series, it will be good to see all of the pieces together and I also like to be able to start finishing the book. I still enjoy working on the pieces very much but it is also going to be nice to have some time to experiment and start something new, I’ve so many ideas bouncing around in my head! 

This week I’ll be dropping off some new pieces at Viva Vida Art Gallery and I’m having a meeting to talk about an opportunity for a show of ‘Discoveries: Montreal’. As soon as I have more information on that I will of course let you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment