January 03, 2011

2011 Art Start

Happy 2011 art lovers! My holiday break is now officially over, all my visitors have left and the house is back to normal, time to get back into the studio and create some awesome new peaces! Just before the start of the holidays I started on my piece of Toronto. This is going to be a bigger piece and I've decided to use some bigger pictures for this one. A bit of an experiment because this means that I will have to build the building from several prints. The good thing is that I've already made my start so it should be relatively easy to get back into it.


I'm really looking forward to my next project as well. I've purchased a nice bunch of small wood panels for a series on New York Yellow Cabs. I've visited New York twice in December and I took a nice bunch of pictures while I was there. I wanted to make a series of smaller works for my show in April and these wood panels are perfect. I will have to prep them before I can really start working with them but that shouldn't be a problem. This will be the first time that I'll be working on wood so that's going to be exciting and new. I'm thinking of making these smaller pieces a little more abstract but that still all in my head so who knows where we'll end up on this one. I also still have this idea for an abstract work on Chicago that's still buzzing in the back of my mind.

Loads of new exciting stuff in my head, a great way to start 2011! Let's go and finish Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment