July 26, 2010

Québec, a 53 piece puzzle...


Those of you following this blog know that I have been working on a bigger piece on Québec for the past week or so. I am now at the stage that all images have been printed and cut and the entire collage has been assembled, disassembled and numbered. Québec is going to have a whopping 53 photographs integrated into one image. Right now my canvas looks like one of those painting by numbers things. 
My next step will be facing the girl at the copy store, I feel kind of sorry for her, it must be a pain in the butt to make mirrored color copies of all these pieces while fitting as many of them as possible on one sheet while at the same time making sure that none of the pictures get cut off. I've kind of gotten used to getting these weird looks when going to a copy shop, when I was in art school I was putting orange and chestnut peels on the copy machine.
I hope my copies will be done by tomorrow morning so I can start gelling them, it is going to take me a while doing them all. First I will have to see how the gel pieces on my Dutch Spring project have turned out, I have only done two coats on those so if that works out it will safe me a lot of time on this Québec project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment