November 29, 2010

New York, New Jersey and 'Toronto'

My piece 'New York' has been accepted into the second jury round of the 25th International juries show at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. So tomorrow we will get up really early to drive to New Jersey to deliver my painting at the art center. It will be a long drive, about 6 hours, but we will be rewarded with a night spent in the greatest city in the world, New York! We will go and see 'the Adams Family' on Broadway and have a nice stroll through the city admiring the christmas decorations. It will be a very short trip, just the one night, we will be driving back on Wednesday, but it will be a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to it.

This does mean that starting 'Toronto' this week is going to be tough. Today is filled with pre trip preparations but on Thursday I should be able to get started at least a little with my 'Toronto' piece, that's what I'm aiming for at least. It is a big canvas that is waiting for me and I already know I'm going to need more then a week for the 'puzzle phase'. But if I can get it started this week that would really help with my overall productivity, at least in my head it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment