March 17, 2014

Creative Ramblings #5: How to do direct transfer.


Happy Monday everyone! Although we’re still freezing up here in Montreal (-16C this morning!), it is another beautiful day outside. The snow is white, the skies are blue and the sun is showing its face :) Days like this make me so happy! I have to admit, having frozen hair after putting the garbage out is not awesome but it does help to wake you up! ;)

First of all, today is Vlog day! a new episode of Creative Ramblings is online now! This time I will be giving a demonstration on the direct transfer technique. 

This week is promising to be a good one! Tonight I will be starting another series of acrylic gel transfer classes at Viva Vida Art Gallery, there are still a few of openings, and it is possible to catch up when you start a week later. So if you’re curious about the techniques I use to create my paintings and you want to give it a go, please contact Nedia El Khouri at Viva Vida Art Gallery (514 694 1110).

There are loads of new pieces waiting for me in the studio! I finished a couple of new pieces last week, so there will be some varnishing going on as well :) I still have to finish my piece for the ARTiculation 2014 show at Viva Vida Art Gallery (which will be opening this Friday but more on that later), so I’m eager to get back into the studio. So much work is waiting for me! I love it!

Now for the show this upcoming Friday, this one is going to be awesome! Really, if you love art, poetry and music, Viva Vida Art Gallery is going to be the place to be this upcoming Friday! ARTiculation 2014 is a celebration of word and image in art- and it will be an evening filled with music, poetry, and art. The event will start at 7pm, there will be poetry readings starting at 8pm and we will close the evening with several live music performances. This is going to be the first exhibit of the 2014 season at Viva Vida Art Gallery so everyone should come out and celebrate!

I have also donated three 8”x8” artworks to the Montreal ArtBomb Art Marketplace event that will take place on April 10th at the E.K. Voland Art Gallery. When you buy a ticket it will include a 8"x8" artwork by a Montreal artist which will be yours to keep. At the event there will be a chance to trade for your favorite piece. You want a chance to own one of these pieces there are a limited amount of tickets available so buy yours today! http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/artbomb-art-marketplace-tickets-10823504393?aff=efblike.


That’s it for this blog update, time to get back to work! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment