May 15, 2013

Only 6 to go...


As of today I only have 6 pieces to go on the ‘Discoveries: Montreal Project’, I have just finished my piece on Saint Leonard. The boroughs that are still waiting to get finished are: Senneville, Verdun, Ville-Marie, Villeray-Saint Michel-Parc Extension and Westmount and then I can start on the 36x36” compilation piece that will tie everything together. In that last piece I will combine 1 building from each borough into a collage that will truly represent the entire island of Montreal. I will be using a building that has been used in the other compositions of the project so you’ll be able to find it in the other pieces. This is going to be quite a challenge, something I haven’t really tried before but that’ll all be part of the fun. 

In this coming week I’m planning on completing the final two composition as well as a composition for a commission piece. This means that most of my time this week will be spent behind my computer. That does mean that most of next week I’ll be spending in my studio transferring all of these compositions to their panels. 

Later in the week I will also be working on the text for the art book, I have found someone who is willing to go over the text with me and help make it a bit more polished. I am looking forward to finishing that as well because then I can start working on the layout of the book. 

In other news... One of my pieces will be featured on ArtBomb in the near future. ArtBomb is a new daily online art auction. I’m very excited to be a part of this, it is going to be a great way to get some awesome exposure to a new market and hopefully sell some more work :) Please keep an eye out for the announcement on when my piece will be featured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment