November 21, 2011

Staying as productive as possible

The past couple of months have been a bit unorganized when it comes to artwork creation. First there was my trip to Italy and then I spent a week in Florida with my family to celebrate my birthday. In the meantime there were a couple of commission and donation pieces that I needed to finish and a piece for my collaboration project. Needless to say there hasn’t been much time to work on my boroughs project or any other pieces I had planned. And the unorganizedness is not quite finished yet, come December I will be flying to Paris for the Salon de SNBA at the Carousel du Louvre and the holidays usually aren’t the most productive time of the year either. 


That being said I haven’t been completely unproductive. Next to finishing two commission pieces and a piece for the ‘Journey’ project I’m currently working on a large 36x48 piece on Montreal which I hope to have finished by the end of the week. It’s a nice bold, black and white piece with very large buildings. And I hope to be able to start at least one more piece before I leave for Paris. 


On Saturday I attended a great charity event for the Le Nichoir wild bird rehabilitation center. I had donated three 5x7 pieces to their Wildcard art sale and was very pleased to see that all three pieces sold at the event. I am very happy that my contributions were able to generate some money for this great cause. 





No comments:

Post a Comment