July 13, 2011

Four new greeting cards





As I type this I am sitting in my garden, it is early enough that I can still sit on the patio in the shade which means I can still see my screen, convenient when you’re typing. I front of me there are a box of newly printed greeting cards, a box of envelopes and a stack of sleeves. I am looking forward to opening the box of cards just for the smell of freshly printed ink. After I finish typing this blog I am going to spend the morning outside assembling my greeting cards. It’s pretty rare that I’m able to do work outside so I’m going to enjoy this opportunity immensely. Not just for the opportunity to work outside though, although that is a great benefit. I’m also looking forward to doing the assembly work, a couple of hours of just putting cards and envelopes in plastic sleeves. I know it sounds boring but I really enjoy doing stuff like that every once in a while, I find it extremely relaxing. 

For the afternoon I’ve got some time in the studio planned. I suspect the sun will be to hot to stay out anyways by the time I’m done with these cards so I’ll be heading indoors to work on my Tremblant piece. I’m already into the painting stage of that one so I hope to be able to finish it today. I would like to start on the first piece of my boroughs project this week, if things go as planned that shouldn’t be a problem. 

I will keep this entry short, I’m excited to get started on those cards. They will be available in the web store together with all my original artwork and the previous series of greeting cards. You can check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment